The swim waves for the 2018 Door Triathlon are now available:
CLICK HERE to see all 2018 Door County Triathlon swim wave assignments by last name.
CLICK HERE to see the 2018 Door County Sprint Triathlon swim wave assignments.
CLICK HERE to see the 2018 Door County Half Iron Triathlon swim wave assignments.
CLICK HERE to confirm your registration for this year’s event.
Notes about the swim waves:
- Bib numbers are NOT pre-assigned. Participants receive their bib number at packet pick up.
- Per USA Triathlon guidelines, participants are assigned to the swim wave corresponding to their end-of-year age (i.e. age on December 31, 2018) and gender. You must start in your assigned wave.
- The first wave is called the Elite or Early wave. Anybody may opt into this wave but doing so eliminates age group award ranking and eligibility. This wave typically consists of extremely competitive athletes concerned only with overall ranking as well as participants who are nervous about how long they will be on the course. There is a Noon cut-off to finish the Sprint on Saturday. On Sunday, the Half Iron event has a 2:00 pm bike-to-run cut-off and a 5:30 pm overall cut-off. Participants may still opt into or out of the Elite/Early wave on race weekend by going to the Troubleshooting Desk.
- Every year, we allow participants age 50+ to go ahead of the younger age group waves to speed up the day for those competitors. After that, the waves go from youngest to oldest (45-49). In even years, including this year, the men go first while in odd years the women go first.
- Kids’ Triathlon participant compete in their end-of-year age bracket (boys & girls). The Kids’ Triathlon has a time trial (one-participant-at-a-time) start and goes in the order of the wave colors — red (age 6) then white (ages 7 & 8) then blue (ages 9-10) then yellow (ages 11-14). Kids must start within their wave color which will be assigned at packet pick up.