PACKET PICKUP AND
RACE WEEKEND REGISTRATION
@ MURPHY PARK
- Friday, July 12th Noon – 6 pm
- Saturday, July 13th Noon – 2 pm*
*Please note the start times for each age group below. Arrive at least 30-45 minutes prior to pick up packets.
TRANSITION AREA CHECK-IN TIMES
The check-in times for the transition area (where participants keep their bicycles and gear) are as follows:
- Ages 6-10: 1:30 pm – 2:00 pm
- Ages 11-13: 2:30 pm – 3:00 pm
Note: Children should arrive to the transition area at least 30 minutes prior to their start time.
START WAVE SCHEDULE
- 1:50 pm (no earlier): Children age 6 (red wave) may line up on the swim ramp inside transition.
- 2:00 pm (or later*): Start for children age 6 (red wave), with children starting individually every 3-4 seconds.
- 2:10 pm (no earlier): Children ages 7-8 (white wave) may line up on the swim ramp inside transition.
- 2:15 pm (or later*): Start for children ages 7-8 (white wave), with children starting individually every 3-4 seconds.
- 2:30 pm (no earlier): Children ages 9-10 (blue wave) may line up on the swim ramp inside transition.
- 2:35 pm (or later*): Start for children ages 9-10 (blue wave), with children starting individually every 3-4 seconds.
- 2:50 pm (no earlier): Children ages 11-13 (yellow wave) may line up on the swim ramp inside transition.
- 3:00 pm (or later*): Start for children ages 11-13), with children starting individually every 3-4 seconds.
*Waves may start slightly later than published since we have to confirm that the portions of the road on the bike and run courses are clear of motor vehicles and fully staffed to ensure the safety of the participants.
Note: Listen to FM 106.9 The Lodge for any last minute changes based on weather and/or surface conditions.
- The transition area will open after 1 pm for children to rack their bikes.
- For children ages 6-8, one parent is allowed into the transition area to help them set up their equipment. These parents may remain in transition for the swim-to-bike transition but must exit once the bike portion of their child’s race begins. These parents may not assist their older (ages 9-13) children inside of transition whatsoever.
- For children ages 9-13, we will have volunteers to assist with racking their bike and setting up their equipment.
- Children will start the swim individually in sequence every 3-4 seconds rather than in a wave.
PERKS – EVERY PARTICIPANT WILL RECEIVE:
– Souvenir swim cap
– Commemorative t-shirt
– Finisher medal
– Timed results (Note: Clock for each child starts when he/she enters the water.)
– Free hot dog, ice cream, and root beer at finish line!
Top 3 boys & girls in each age group (6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13) will receive an award medal. The awards ceremonies will take place as follows (+/- 10 minutes):
Ages 6-8 @ 3:00 pm
Ages 9-10 @ 3:30 pm
Ages 11-13 @ 4:00 pm
DISTANCES, REGISTRATION & RULES
Door County Kids’ Triathlon Swim Course Map (PDF): CLICK HERE
Door County Kids’ Triathlon Bike Course Maps (PDF): CLICK HERE
Door County Kids’ Triathlon Run Course Maps (PDF): CLICK HERE
|| 50 yards
*Water temperature and surface conditions permitting. Swim may be abbreviated at the discretion of the lifeguard director.
NOTE: Children will be assigned to the age bracket that corresponds to their age on December 31, 2024 (“end-of-year age”) per USA Triathlon guidelines.
October 1 – December 31, 2023: $25
January 1 – March 31, 2024: $30
April 1 – May 31, 2024: $35
June 1 – July 13, 2024: $40
*Available online only (click on the button above)
Note: Fees include registration only. Participants must purchase a USA Triathlon Youth License during the registration process for an additional $10 unless they are already an annual member.
One parent per child may assist with transition area setup and swim-to-bike transition for children ages 6-8.
We will have volunteers to assist with transition area set up for children ages 9-13 as well as swim-to-bike and bike-to-run transitions for all ages.
Parents may not be on the beach in the swim start area.
Parents are discouraged from walking/running along the bike and run courses the children.
Flotation devices, flippers, or snorkels may NOT be worn or used for the swim.
For younger and/or nervous swimmers, we will provide a flotation vest to wear during the swim.
USA Triathlon Supplemental Rules for Youth Triathlon: CLICK HERE