DOOR COUNTY MEDICAL CENTER
July 13, 2019
DATE OF RACE
2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
START TIMES VARY (SEE BELOW)
For children ages 6 – 14 on December 31, 2019*
*Note: USA Triathlon guidelines require that we use “end-of-year age.” So children will be assigned to the age groups that they will be part of on 12/31/2019. Children must be born after 12/31/2004 (no older than 14 on 12/31/19) and before 1/1/2014 (no younger than 6 on 12/31/19) to compete. NO EXCEPTIONS.
PACKET PICKUP AND
RACE WEEKEND REGISTRATION
@ MURPHY PARK
- Friday, July 12th Noon – 6 pm
- Saturday, July 13th Noon – 2 pm*
*Please note the start times for each age group below. Arrive at least 30-45 minutes prior to pick up packets.
TRANSITION AREA CHECK-IN TIMES
The check-in times for the transition area (where participants keep their bicycles and gear) are as follows:
- Ages 6-10: 1:30 pm – 2:00 pm
- Ages 11-14: 2:30 pm – 3:00 pm
- Age 6 @ 2:00 pm
- Ages 7 and 8 @ 2:10 pm
- Ages 9 and 10 @ 2:30 pm
- Ages 11 – 12 @ 3:00 pm
- Ages 13 – 14 @ 3:15 pm
- The transition area will open after 1 pm for children to rack their bikes.
- For children ages 6-8, one parent is allowed into the transition area to help them set up their equipment. These parents may remain in transition for the swim-to-bike transition but must exit once the bike portion of their child’s race begins. These parents may not assist their older (ages 9-14) children inside of transition whatsoever.
- For children ages 9-14, we will have volunteers to assist with racking their bike and setting up their equipment.
- Children will start the swim individually in sequence every 5 seconds rather than in a wave.
PERKS – EVERY PARTICIPANT WILL RECEIVE:
– Souvenir swim cap
– Commemorative t-shirt
– Finisher medal
– Timed results (Note: Clock for each child starts when he/she enters the water.)
– Free digital downloads of finisher photos
– Free ice cream and root beer at finish line!
Top 3 boys & girls in each age group (6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14) will receive an award medal. The awards ceremonies will take place as follows:
Ages 6-8 @ 3:00 pm
Ages 9-10 @ 3:30 pm
Ages 11-14 @ 4:00 pm
DISTANCES, REGISTRATION & RULES
|Age 6||50 yards||1/2 mile||1/3 mile|
|Ages 7-8||100 yards||1 mile||1/2 mile|
|Ages 9-10||100 yards||2 miles||3/4 mile|
|Ages 11-12||200 yards||5 miles||1 mile|
|Ages 13-14||200 yards||5 miles||1 mile|
*Water temperature and surface conditions permitting. Swim may be abbreviated at the discretion of the lifeguard director.
NOTE: Children will be assigned to the age bracket that corresponds to their age on December 31, 2019 (“end-of-year age”) per USA Triathlon guidelines.
|In advance (October 16 – July 9)*||$ 40|
|Race weekend (July 14 & 15)||$ 50|
*Available online only (click on the button above)
Note: Fees include registration and USA Triathlon one-day license (required by USAT)
One parent per child may assist with transition area setup and swim-to-bike transition for children ages 6-8.
We will have volunteers to assist with transition area set up for children ages 9-14 as well as swim-to-bike and bike-to-run transitions for all ages.
Parents may not be on the beach in the swim start area.
Parents are discouraged from walking/running along the bike and run courses the children.
Flotation devices, flippers, or snorkels may NOT be worn or used for the swim.
For younger and/or nervous swimmers, we will provide a flotation vest to wear during the swim.
USA Triathlon Supplemental Rules for Youth Triathlon: CLICK HERE