PACKET PICKUP AND
RACE WEEKEND REGISTRATION
@ MURPHY PARK
- Friday, July 16th Noon – 6 pm
- Saturday, July 17th Noon – 2 pm*
*Please note the start times for each age group below. Arrive at least 30-45 minutes prior to pick up packets.
TRANSITION AREA CHECK-IN TIMES
The check-in times for the transition area (where participants keep their bicycles and gear) are as follows:
- Ages 6-10: 1:30 pm – 2:00 pm
- Ages 11-14: 2:30 pm – 3:00 pm
Note: Children should arrive to the transition area at least 30 minutes prior to their start time.
START WAVE SCHEDULE
- 1:50 pm (no earlier): Children ages 6-10 may line up on the beach and swim ramp.
- 2:00 pm: Start for children ages 6 – 10, in that order (one child every 3-4 seconds).
- 2:50 pm (no earlier): Children ages 11-14 may line up on the beach and swim ramp.
- 3:00 pm: Start for children ages 11 – 14, in that order (one child every 3-4 seconds).
Note: Check with FM 106.9 The Lodge for any last minute changes based on weather and/or surface conditions.
- The transition area will open after 1 pm for children to rack their bikes.
- For children ages 6-8, one parent is allowed into the transition area to help them set up their equipment. These parents may remain in transition for the swim-to-bike transition but must exit once the bike portion of their child’s race begins. These parents may not assist their older (ages 9-14) children inside of transition whatsoever.
- For children ages 9-14, we will have volunteers to assist with racking their bike and setting up their equipment.
- Children will start the swim individually in sequence every 3-4 seconds rather than in a wave.
PERKS – EVERY PARTICIPANT WILL RECEIVE:
– Souvenir swim cap
– Commemorative t-shirt
– Finisher medal
– Timed results (Note: Clock for each child starts when he/she enters the water.)
– Free digital downloads of finisher photos
– Free ice cream and root beer at finish line!
Top 3 boys & girls in each age group (6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14) will receive an award medal. The awards ceremonies will take place as follows:
Ages 6-8 @ 3:00 pm
Ages 9-10 @ 3:30 pm
Ages 11-14 @ 4:00 pm
DISTANCES, REGISTRATION & RULES
Door County Kids’ Triathlon Swim Course Map (PDF): CLICK HERE
Door County Kids’ Triathlon Bike Course Maps (PDF): CLICK HERE
Door County Kids’ Triathlon Run Course Maps (PDF): CLICK HERE
|| 50 yards
*Water temperature and surface conditions permitting. Swim may be abbreviated at the discretion of the lifeguard director.
NOTE: Children will be assigned to the age bracket that corresponds to their age on December 31, 2021 (“end-of-year age”) per USA Triathlon guidelines.
July 2020 – June 30, 2021: $30
July 1 – 17, 2021: $40
*Available online only (click on the button above)
Note: Fees include registration only. Participants must purchase a USA Triathlon Youth License during the registration process for an additional $10 unless they are already an annual member.
One parent per child may assist with transition area setup and swim-to-bike transition for children ages 6-8.
We will have volunteers to assist with transition area set up for children ages 9-14 as well as swim-to-bike and bike-to-run transitions for all ages.
Parents may not be on the beach in the swim start area.
Parents are discouraged from walking/running along the bike and run courses the children.
Flotation devices, flippers, or snorkels may NOT be worn or used for the swim.
For younger and/or nervous swimmers, we will provide a flotation vest to wear during the swim.
USA Triathlon Supplemental Rules for Youth Triathlon: CLICK HERE